Wednesday 15 February 2012

Product Rave!! John Frieda Full Repair Shampoo, Conditioner & Perfect Ends Deep Infusion Review


John Frieda Full Repair Haircare Products


My hair has suffered its fair share of damage caused by heated styling appliances and colour treatments over the last few years, leaving the ends of my hair very dry, brittle and prone to snapping. Recently, I have started making a conscious effort to take more care of my hair, especially after the birth of my little girl when my hair started to fall out (eek!) due to hormonal changes that naturally occur a few months after giving birth. You may now have the image of a balding chicken with frazzled hairs poking out here and there in your mind, but I can assure you my hair is not that bad!

I started using John Frieda's Full Repair Range after receiving 4 products - namely the Shampoo, Conditioner, Perfect Ends Deep Infusion and Protecting Root Lift Foam - in the post to review as a Cosmopolitan VIP Tester, which I have been for quite some time now. For those of you who don't know, subscribers to Cosmopolitan Magazine can apply to become a VIP tester via their website, and they then send you various new products to test for a designated period of time before you then complete an anonymous questionnaire rating the product/s and return this back to them. I have tested a variety of products in this way, but these John Frieda Products are so good that I decided I would share my thoughts with you.

The Shampoo is described as being a "Bodifying formula, with Inca Inchi Oil rich in omega-3, repairs the look and feel of overstyled hair as it weightlessly restores bounce for full, flowing styles. Detangles strands, reducing the risk of breaking and snagging when combing or brushing. SAFE FOR COLOUR-TREATED AND CHEMICALLY-TREATED HAIR". I found that just a small amount of the product lathers well, and rinses out easily. It has a really nice, lightly perfumed scent, and this fragrance stays on the hair after blowdrying.

The Conditioner is described as a "Bodifying formula, with Inca Inchi Oil rich in omega-3, repairs the look and feel of overstyled hair for full, flowing styles. smoothes and detangles strands, reducing the risk of breaking and snagging when combing or brushing. SAFE FOR COLOUR-TREATED AND CHEMICALLY-TREATED HAIR". This product has a more subtle version of the same lightly perfumed fragrance as the Shampoo. It can be smoothed through wet hair and rinsed immediately, or left on for 2-3 minutes for more 'intense repair', which is how I tend to use it every time i condition my hair due to the damaged ends.

I then towel-dry my hair before applying some of the Perfect Ends Deep Infusion Product. This has the consistency of a serum, and is designed to 'Silken and Protect'. The directions advise you to use this product sparingly, and I tend to use half a pump on my hair, which is quite long - anymore than this and my hair tends to look more greasy than silky. I did find that brushing my wet hair was alot easier after using the three products, and that the amount of hair that I was losing had significantly decreased :-) No more baldy chicken look for me!!

Healthier Shiny Hair!!
Close-up of improved ends :-)

Once my hair is blowdried and styled, the overall improved effect from the three products combined is very noticable. The split ends are less evident and appear 'sealed', giving my hair a much more healthy look. It is also more shiny, and I like the way that my hair distinctly smells of the product even after heated straighteners have been applied, as I find that the fragrance in many other products that I have tried dont always stay after I have used heated styling appliances. This range is also very affordable, as the shampoo and conditioner retail at £5.69 and the Perfect Ends deep Infusion at £6.99 - but www.boots.com have a 3for2 offer on these products at the moment - so you pick them up for even more of a bargain!!
The only downside I seem to find is the difficulty in opening the Shampoo and Conditioner bottles, and I end up having to bang them against the taps to get them open - but maybe I am the only one with this problem?!

As you will notice, I havent included any review of the Protecting Root Lift Foam product. This is because I havent used this product yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment