Sunday 27 May 2012

May 2012 Glossybox

What Beautiful weather we have been having lately!! My May Glossybox arrived a few days ago, and as it was such a gorgeous day, I decided to open it up outside in the sunshine! I had high hopes for this months box, expecting the team at Glossybox to pull out all the stops as a celebration of their first birthday, and I hate to say it, I really do, but am I the only one feeling quite disappointed with this months Glossybox? Here's what I received in mine:



  1. 45ml Neal's Yard Rehydrating Rose Daily Moisture
  2. Pair of Eldora handmade eyelashes D160
  3. Collection 2000 lasting colour gel eyeliner
  4. 75ml Noble Isle Summer Rising Bath & Shower Gel
  5. Two Lolita Lempicka Eau De Parfum samples
Extras: A cute little mirror compact and Pearly Pink Balloon

First up Neal's Yard Rehydrating Rose - this product caught my eye immediately, and for all the wrong reasons. I had a sample of this exact same product free with Marie Claire magazine a few months back (read full review here) and I HATED it. Sheer disappointment with a capital 'D'. Urgh....

Eldora eyelashes D160 - I am not a fan of fake lashes, so if I were to wear some they would be understated with a natural feel. Even though I can appreciate these little beauties complete with mini mirrors to the tips, unfortunately they would be better suited to a Vegas show girl than to little old me :-) These retail at £5.90 per pair on the Eldora website.

Collection 2000 Gel Eyeliner - I recently purchased the Maybelline version of this product, and although I was really impressed, I am not a fan of pure-black eyeliners as they don't tend to suit my complexion as well as brown liners do. Also, Collection 2000 is not what I would consider to be a 'luxury' brand - so why is it in my Glossybox?! :-(

Noble Isle Bath & Shower Gel - This is more along the lines of what I think should be in a Glossybox! Noble Isle is a brand that uses inspiration from natural and cultural riches of the British Isles to create their luxury bathing products. This particular product smells nice, with a scent somewhat along the lines of CK one, and a full size 250ml bottle retails at £20. I am happy with this product & excited to try it out.

Lolita Lempicka Eau de Parfum samples - these got my blood pressure rising - in a good way! I first spied the Lolita Lempicka perfumes on my recent trip to Paris, and loved the Si Lolita perfume. I had samples of The First Fragrance and also L'Eau en Blanc  - so definately happy to have received these.


My big gripe with Glossybox is that, even though £12.95 is not that huge an amount, the products I receive are wholly hit-and-miss for me. I understand that Glossybox can't please everyone, but this month I have paid £12.95 for a shower gel mini that is to my liking, and two perfume samples that I could possibly have got free at a department store counter. I know lots of Glossybox subscribers love the element of surprise, and I do too, but this is never fully satisfied for me with the products that I receive. I have also read many reviews commenting on the pretty packaging, and though I agree that the packaging is lovely, in this day and age where we are trying to recycle as much as possible and companies are trying to cut down on their packaging, I have to ask if the amount of packaging used is necessary? And more to the point, does it compensate for the fact that alot of the time we are sent out samples that are not 'luxury' or that we could possibly pick up free in a department store. Sugar-coating so to speak.


Now for the big question - do I unsubscribe? Hmmm.... Decisions, decisions

Let me know your thoughts please girls!

x X x

No comments:

Post a Comment