Saturday 2 June 2012

Glitzy Pink Summer Nails

I love nothing more than painting my toe-nails during the Summer months so that they can be paraded around in a pretty pair of sparkly flip-flops. A side-line to this is that my favourite pair of sparkly rhinestone flip-flops have just retired as I lost the centre stone from one of them and now they are unwearable :-( On the plus side, I have a lovely Hubby who has promised me a new pair of pretties to wear! Yey!!

Anyhow, back to the nail-painting...



I recently purchased a new Nails Inc polish in Shade 180 Lancaster Gate. This is a really pretty pink duo chrome polish, which has subtle blue undertones in the bottle, but the massive disappointment is that it has a yucky matt finish. And when I say matt, I mean absolutely no shine whatsoever. Dull. Dull. Dull. To turn my frown upside down, after applying two coats of Lancaster Gate and allowing to dry, I topped this with my recently purchased glitter Revlon polish in shade 340 'Stunning' - this also needs at least two coats for ultimate sparkle, and even though this totals 4 coats, it is well worth the end result. It has lasted over a week with minor chipping, and gives the most pretty summer sparkle to my nails EVER!! I think this combination is by far my personal favourite ever :-)



What do you think? Have you tried either of these polishes?

x X x

No comments:

Post a Comment