Tuesday 9 October 2012

Laura Mercier Creme Brulee Honey Bath & Creme Brulee Souffle Body Creme Review

A few months ago, my sister treated me to four lovely Laura Mercier Bath & Body products for my birthday. Since then, I have been waiting for the cold, dark, winter nights to arrive so that I could run myself a hot bath, light some candles, and soak away peacefully in the delight that is the Creme Brulee Honey Bath.


The packaging is so luxurious, and I love the little wooden honey dipper that comes with the product to allow for easier use. As soon as the lid comes off, the delicious smell hits you. It is as amazing as you would expect, and certainly good enough to eat! On first use, I used sparingly, plunging the honey dipper in and allowing the excess to drip away before holding the dipper under the hot, running tap. There were bubbles, but not that many, although I am not a fan of a having a bath full of bubbles anyway.

After a long soak, and a normal dry off with a bath towel, my skin felt soooo soft and silky. It also smelled lovely - adequately scented, but not too overpowering. This is the type of bath product needed on a cold winter night, candles lit around the bathroom, for a relaxing soak before jumping into a freshly changed bed in clean pj's. Bliss.

As for cost, 300 grams is a whopping £31.00. Normally, this would be such an off-putting factor for me, however I would willingly treat myself to this product again and again without a doubt. It is that good!



I followed the Creme Brulee Honey Bath with the Creme Brulee Souffle Body Creme. The only downside to the Body Souffle for me is that, after one use, I am completely addicted. You may well wonder why this is a bad thing - it is purely down to the cost, as 300 grams of this little baby is an even more whopping £43.50 - eek!!!

This product has a much richer, creamier scent than the Honey Bath. It is quite lightweight in consistency, applies really easily, and absorbs super quick. A little product goes a long way, and the nut oil is evident on application as the skin glistens for a few seconds before it is then fully absorbed. There is no sticky, greasy residue with this product. All it leaves is skin that feels extra silky soft. It dries with a slightly muskier scent - definately not a sickly sweet scent anyway.

I would guess that 300 grams would, if used for full-body daily moisturising, last around one month, which can work out to be very expensive! Having slated the price, they've got me over a barrel with this product, and I know that, despite the price label, I would definately re-purchase. I would even go so far as to say that it is the best body moisturiser I have EVER used!! I would highly recommend this as an extra special treat for yourself, or as a really nice gift for others. It's Amazing!!


So that's it for my review, hope you all liked it :-)

Please feel free to leave your comments!

Claire

xXx






No comments:

Post a Comment