Saturday 26 January 2013

My name is Claire, and I am a product hoarder!




You may mistake this for a stall at the local jumble sale, but in fact this 'little' lot is my stash of bath and body products. Does any girl really need twenty two shower gels, twelve hand creams and ten body scrubs (amongst many other items) just sitting in a storage box patiently waiting to be used? No. I think not. It's ridiculous, obscene, and a problem that is quickly getting out of hand.

I love new things. They don't have to be expensive, or the latest on the market, they just have to be in my shopping bag. I am a self-confessed hoarder. I am not a materialistic girl, in the sense that I can live without having the most up-to-date version of something, but I do feel at a loss for not owning a big stash of clothes/beauty products/food in the cupboard etc. Its psychological (I think) and most probably stems from not being spoiled as a child - or rather, not having much as a child. I seem to be incessantly planning for that rainy day - as if running out of shower gel would be my biggest worry! I know its silly, and it is an issue that I am determined to beat.

I know everyone makes big promises for keeping their new years resolutions, but I am going to try my hardest to stick to using up the products that I already have before I even think of buying new ones. I am hoping that this will help to re-train my brain into thinking that I just don't need to own as much crap to feel better about myself. That owning those twenty two shower gels wont make me any better a person.

Does anyone else have this problem? An addiction to buying and hoarding products that they just don't need?

It would be great to hear your thoughts!!

Claire

xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment