Monday 24 September 2012

More free samples!!

In follow-up to my recent post where I told you all about how generous L'Occitane were by sending me a good amount of free samples, I thought I would let you know about a few more free samples that I received about two weeks or so ago from Neal's Yard.



A little while back, I posted my views on the Neal's Yard Rehydrating Rose Moisturiser, which you can read about here. I was less than impressed with this particular product, but had not completely lost faith in the brand as it was only the first Neal's Yard product that I had tried. I relayed the information detailing the problems I had found with this moisturiser in an email to Neal's Yard via their website, and politely requested some samples of other products before I started spending my hard earned cash on more Neal's Yard items that I may also have an adverse reaction to.

They were very obliging, and I have received trial sizes of the Orange Flower Facial Polish, Orange Flower Facial Wash, and the Orange Flower Facial Moisturiser. As you can see from the photos above, one of the products is quite oily (the facial polish), and a little has leaked out during transit, causing the writing to smudge. All of these products smell lovely - more of an aromatherapy-based orange than a fruity/citrussy orange - and I couldn't wait to try them out!!

£14.80 for 100g

I used all three products as a skincare trio. The Orange Flower Facial Polish has micro-particles in it which, although seemingly gentle, make actually quite an abrasive scrub. Out of all three products, this is my favourite. My skin felt so soft and clear immediately after use, and my complexion also looked much brighter. This is definately a product I can see myself purchasing full-size, however I think it is a little too harsh a scrub for everyday use. It also doesn't appear to be available on the website, so maybe I would just have to purchase it in-store?

£15.50 for 100mls


The next product is the Orange Flower Facial Wash, which I have to say I found a little disappointing. This claims to be "A gently foaming lotion with nurturing orange flower and mandarin oils to cleanse without drying the skin". It should be massaged into damp skin and rinsed off with cool water. I much prefer a facial wash that lathers up well, which this one does not (not even a hint of the 'gentle foaming' as described!), and the biggest downside with this product is that it does not remove mascara/eyeliner effectively. I also found it to be quite drying, and my skin felt very taught after use. Unfortunately, this is not a product I would consider purchasing.

£23.75 for 100mls


The Orange Flower Facial Moisturiser again smells very aromatherapy-based, and is not what I would describe as an intense moisturiser. If you have normal skin, with no dry patches, this product would most likely be great for you. On the plus side, it absorbs easily into the skin, leaving it soft and non-greasy. I wasn't overly wowed by this product, and don't think I will be purchasing the full size, simply because it is not moisturising enough for me (but thankfully I suffered none of the red blotchy rash as I had done with the Rehydrating Rose Moisturiser!!).

This post just goes to prove how sending out samples can really help us as a consumer when choosing new beauty products. There is nothing worse than making a big purchase, only to find out that the product you have chosen is not suitable for you. Being able to try-before-you-buy is such a great concept, and it is a shame that many other companies are not so obliging with sending out free samples on request.

Please let me know if you have tried out some great samples lately?

Claire

xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment