Tuesday 18 September 2012

Empties - July/August 2012

Whilst I realise that I am a little late with this post, I just thought I would share with you the latest 'dent' I have made in my stash of beauty products.



Liz Earle Orange Flower Botanical Body Wash (£11.50 for 200mls)
I was really excited to try this product, especially as the reviews I had read stated just how gentle, soothing, and nicely scented it was. However, it pains me to say that I was a little disappointed. It did have a really lovely orange-based aromatherapy scent, and lathered well with the use of a shower pouff. The big downside for me is that it wasn't really moisturising and, if anything, I found it a little drying for my skin. For £11.50 there are much nicer shower gels out there.

Radox Moisturise Shower Gel with Chamomile & Jojoba 
I'm sure that this shower gel cost me just £1, and in stark contrast to the Liz Earle Body Wash mentioned above it is very moisturising, as well as being nicely scented and lathering up well. It is not a ground-breaking product by any means, but for £1 it is a bargain and highly recommended!

Gillette Satin Care with Aloe Vera
Again, not a groundbreaking product, but it is just another item that I have managed to use up in recent weeks. I always purchase Satin Care as I find it to be great value for money as a little product goes a long way. I have sensitive skin, and find regular shaving quite irritable to the skin on my legs. Combined with a good exfoliator and moisturiser, Satin Care prevents any irritation of the skin. Bingo!

Charles Worthington Moisture Seal Conditioner
I always wonder if I am the only girl on the planet who uses up approx half a bottle of conditioner per full bottle of shampoo - providing they are both the same sized bottles?! I tire easily of the same shampoo/conditioner combo and always end up with a fair amount of half-full bottles of conditioner clogging up my bathroom shelves. I am currently persevering with using one particular shampoo per all of my half-empty conditioners to rid my bathroom of these once and for all. Most people would just throw them away, but I don't believe in waste! The first empty conditioner is this one, which I am not overly keen on. It is quite a thin-consistency conditioner, and smells lovely. However, it doesn't seem to completely rinse out of my hair, and leaves it feeling lank, lifeless, and a little on the greasy side. I doubt that I will be repurchasing.

Clarins Hydraquench Moisturiser
I have previously written an in-depth review of this product, which you can read here, and I cannot tell you just how disappointed I am that I am now completely out of it. This is definately my most favourite moisturiser, and one that will be top of my Christmas list for Santa!! In short: Amazing product, a little pricey, but worth every penny. Highly recommended!!

Clinique Line Smoothing Concealer in Moderately Fair
This product just seemed to last forever! It is the type of product that you use alot, switch to a different concealer for a change, rediscover it at the back of your make-up drawer a few weeks later and start using it again, forget about it again, rediscover it again.... and so this pattern continues until it is finally used up.  It works well, but can be somewhat 'chalky' if the skin around your eyes is a little on the dry side, and it settles in the fine lines if not used sparingly. Having said that, I do feel like it does its job well, and is great value for money as it lasted me for ages (hence why there is no print left on the tube as pictured). Would I buy it again? Probably.

Clinique High Impact Mascara in Black
 By far, my most favourite mascara. It volumises, lengthens, and doesn't dry out easily. It can be easily layered without clumping for a variety of different looks. Put simply, I would repurchase it again in a heartbeat :-)

Simple Kind To Skin Moisturising Facial Wash
This is a travel sized product that I took on my trip to Paris back in April, and I am really glad that I didn't purchase the larger size. It is unscented - as most Simple products are - and doesn't lather well. I didn't feel like it gave my skin a good cleanse, it doesn't remove make-up easily, and I also found it quite drying. It didn't do anything amazing for my skin and, unfortunately, I wont be re-purchasing this product.

L'Oreal Casting Creme Gloss - Shade 415 Iced Chocolate
I used to religiously have my hair highlighted, but recently I have opted for darker locks. I absolutely love this brand of hair colour as they only last for up to 28 shampoos, and they leave my hair feeling and looking healthy, glossy and conditioned. This particular shade initially proved too dark for my skin tone, but it didn't take long for the colour to fade out a little. If you are a babe on a budget, I would really recommend giving these a whirl!!

Airwick Reed Diffuser
Although obviously not a beauty product, I had to add this in as I am loving these Diffusers. My favourite scent is Crisp Linen & Lilac, which smells exactly like fresh laundry. They last for around 2 months and the scent never fades. Also, they are an absolute bargain, and by far the best value diffusers I have found so far

So, that's it peeps! Phew. I need a cuppa now!!

Please feel free to let me know your opinions on these products too :-)

Claire

xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment