Saturday 22 September 2012

Recent Purchases: River Island, Primark, Nars, Laura Mercier & L'Occitane

Lately, I have been shopping on several occasions where I have picked up a few bits and pieces here and there. I have combined these into this little haul for you all to see :-)



I absolutely LOVE my new boots from River Island!! Usually, I would opt for good old brown or black in a boot, but when I saw these I just had to have them!! They are faux fur-lined, making them the most snuggly boots ever. They come in a few different colours, and I have my eye on the grey ones too. I love their versatile style, and at £30.00 they were an absolute bargain. I can't wait to wear them this Autumn :-)

I also treated myself to a new pair of pyjamas from Primark. They are made from a stretchy jersey-type fabric, and as soon as I saw the pretty vintage-style bird print fabric I snapped them up! They are so soft and comfy, and I am sat here in them whilst writing! Ideal for those cold winter nights!! For £8.00 you just can't go wrong - Oh, how I love Primark!!

A little while ago, L'Occitane kindly sent me some free samples. I was so impressed with the products I tried, that I decided to take a trip to their recently-opened store in Queens Arcade, Cardiff. I am always on the hunt for a good hand cream, and with the assistance of the two lovely girls that work there, I decided to splash out on the One Minute Hand Scrub and the Dry Skin Hand Cream (available here as a duo). I got to try both products out in-store and was really impressed. The hand cream is multi-award winning, and the scrub has received excellent reviews online. I am looking forward to putting both products to the test during the upcoming winter months.

The Laura Mercier Creme de Pistache Gift Box was a rare find, and an absolute bargain. It contains a full 200ml size Body Wash (RRP £29), a full size 50g Hand Cream (RRP £13) and a 100g Souffle Body Cream (worth £14.50). However, I paid a 'measley' £35.00 for all three products - a saving of over £20!! For those of you who haven't yet sampled the delights of Laura Mercier's bath & body care range, I urge you all to take a look (and a sniff) the next chance you get. I promise you, you will be hooked!! Unfortunately, this gift box was the last in-store of a discontinued line, but I purchased it in House of Fraser, Bristol. I know they are out of stock of these on the website, as the newly packaged gift sets are on their way in time for Christmas, but keep your eyes peeled for the possibility of finding one in your local store!!

And my final purchase, the 'All About Eve' Eyeshadow duo by NARS. I am becoming somewhat addicted to NARS products lately, and it seems that every time I pass a counter I can't leave empty-handed. I have wanted this particular eyeshadow duo for a while now, but I was lucky to also receive three 2ml trial samples of the new NARS Skincare line, namely the gentle cream cleanser, luminous moisture cream, and the optimal brightening concentrate. The full-size versions of these range between £20.00 and £50.00, so I will let you all know what I think as soon as I have tried them out :-)

So thats it peeps, I hope you all like my new purchases as much as I do :-)

Claire

xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment