Friday 8 June 2012

Magazine Madness

I used to be a big reader of magazines, and spent a small fortune each month on them. Recently this addiction has worn off, but how could I not resist picking up some copies this month when the freebies are so amazing?! I'm sure you have read about these great offers on many other blog's, but I just thought that I would share what ones I picked up with you :-)



I bought six magazines altogether, totalling £20.40... eek!! But here is a breakdown of what came free with each one...


Easy Living ~ June 2012 Edition: This magazine was not only 80p cheaper than normal, but had a free 70ml sample of Rituals Body Scrub or Body Cream. I chose the one with the scrub, as I have far too many body creams and lotions already taking up space in my "to use" box. This freebie was the least value for money in comparison to all the others as both samples together are worth £10, so I paid £2.90 for a magazine that I have never bought before and had a free sample worth £5.00 (approx). However, I am excited to try this product as I had received a Rituals Shower Wash in a Glossybox a few months back, and have been wanting to try more Rituals products since then.



Harper's Bazaar ~ July 2012 Edition: This, again, is not a magazine that I have purchased before. It cost £4.20 and has the most beautiful full size Leighton Denny nail polish in 'Plush Pink' free with it that is worth £11.00. I also liked the coral nail polish, but decided that I have a similar coral polish already, so I just stuck to purchasing the one issue. I have been wanting to try a Leighton Denny nail polish for a long while now. I received one in a Glossybox a few months back, but it was in a silvery-blue, and I wasn't a huge fan of the colour so decided to sell not try... oops!



Red ~ July 2012 Edition: For £3.90 I had a free full-size black Jemma Kidd Make Up School mascara. You could also have had a black eyeliner, although I am not a huge fan of black eyeliner, so opted for the mascara instead. I am really excited to try this product, as I have never tried any products from the Jemma Kidd range before. It is also the I-Glamour mascara which promises added volume, definition and care for lashes, and retails at £15.00 - so this freebie is an absolute bargain!!



Marie Claire ~ July 2012 Edition: I went a little bit Marie Claire mad and bought two copies of this magazine for £3.70 per edition as they came with a free full-size Ciate Paint Pots nail polish worth £9.00 each - I would have purchased all three magazines if I could have found one with the nude pink shade. However, I am absolutely over-the-moon to have the Pastel Lilac (shade: Purple Sherbet) and Hot Pink (shade: Jelly Bean) colours in my possession. Queue more gorgeous summer nails... If the sun ever decides to come back out to play that is ;-)

And last but by no means least...



Glamour ~ July 2012 Edition: This little beauty was a snip at £2.00 per copy. I am a huge fan of Glamour magazine anyway, and also of Benefit make-up, so couldn't wait to get my mitts on this months issue. A choice between a BADgal Lash mascara mini, "that gal" primer, or "pore perfection" pore minimiser, a girl is spoiled for choice! I am not a big fan of the BADgal mascara, so decided to give that one a miss, and I already own "that gal" primer anyway (not that I could find any copies with this particular freebie), so I decided to give the "pore perfection" a whirl - a £10 sample for the price of a £2.00 magazine? Well, how could I say no :-)

So, for £20.40 I have not only a months supply of easy reading and eye candy, but £59 worth of beauty products too - I would say thats money well spent!!

> I just have to point out one HUGE annoyance I have when it comes to magazines dishing out these amazing freebies - why oh why to people have to spoil it for others by stealing the samples? Its pathetic and wrong, and really bugs me!! Grrrr....

Have you managed to get your hands on any of these great offers? Which ones did you choose?

x X x

No comments:

Post a Comment