Tuesday 19 June 2012

Royal Ascot Hats 2012 - The Good, The Bad and The Wierd


Royal Ascot has always been one of my favourite British events. Although I have never been to Ascot, I always keep an eye out every year for the latest millinery creations that both amaze and astound me. They make me wish that I too could create something as flamboyant! This year was no exception, and here are just a few of the ones that caught my eye



Amanda Holden looking stunning in a headpiece with a modern take on 1920s-style cloche






Katherine Jenkins looks stunning in a Phillip Treacy creation


A very pretty, elegant rose-adorned hat with tulle detail



This may not be suitable for everyday wear, but I can certainly appreciate the creativity!


Something a little bit different with a helping of good old Rockabilly~style



Hmm... This is the creation of hat maker Tracy Rose (who also happens to be the lady wearing the headpiece) - creative maybe, but that spare hand is a bit spooky for my liking!!





This one quite simply gets the thumbs down!!





Johnny Depp? Charlie & the Chocolate Factory Poster? No - just another mad hatter!!






An i-pad hat? Really?! Maybe its just a sign of the times






A Beautiful & Romantic Headpiece, but one thats really not wearable!!



Forget making a sausage dog out of a balloon - have a go at this next time!!


No comments:

Post a Comment